Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Patrick

Vacation Bible School has started and life is busy! As the craft director I find myself focused on interacting with kids, preparing the materials, and helping the children make of the craft. One kid in particular has meant the world to me these past two days. His name is Patrick. 

Every now and then as I rush from task to task, trying to keep on top of the busy schedule and the changing of plans, I would look down and see Patrick hugging at my leg. His big brown eyes would be staring up at me with his pearly whites grinning my way. In the moment, I was unable to give as much attention to Patrick except for a quick hug. But in those moments that he hugged me I felt Jesus. His loving presence and sense of peace felt like God's way of reminding me- "It's ok, Rose. I've got it all under control. It's ok."  



1 comment:

  1. That is amazing that you found Jesus in a little boy named Patrick. He is so sweet and I'm so happy that you are on this journey. I love you, dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete